We welcome all donations for the cause!!

If you would simply like to donate to support our mission-sponsoring efforts, we welcome them whole-heartedly. Thanks!

The Motivation

A couple of months ago, our family decided to jump in the game, and financially support four kids from Rwanda. I have blogged about Rwanda before (country starving for lovenation of orphanspower of one) when some friends of ours [Burgins, Browns, Munsons] from our lifegroup went on a mission trip via Africa New Life Ministries. We decided that it was time to really do what we believe. Do the little we could do so God could take that little, and feed the multitudes. So, we sponsored four children.

Byiringiriro Jean Dieu is a seven year old boy, who lives in a small town in Eastern Rwanda, Kayonza. He loves soccer, and dreams of being a doctor one day. I can't wait to see what God has planned for him as he grows into a young man.

Because of sponsorship, he will be able to start his primary education, which is his first steps toward his dream.
Igiraneza Sandrine is a nine year old girl, who also lives in Kayonza. This town is comprised of re-settled Rwandans, who have come from neighboring countries. This community is full of genocide survivors, many of whom are inflicted with HIV/AIDS.

Sandrine dreams of being a singer, and like most girls, she loves to jump rope.
Iradukunda Lucy is a fourteen year-old girl who lives in Kigali, the capital city of Rwanda. Approximately, one million people live in Kigali. Hills in the city divide the rich from the poor (a lot like here -- where to live in the hills cost more). The poor struggle to find work, and the high cost of living creates great hardship for many families. Lucy dreams of being a teacher one day, and she loves to play soccer.











Tumwine Jean Claude is a ten year-old boy, who lives in a re-settlement camp, named Kageyo, which is located in Eastern Rwanda. This camp is settled mostly by women and children. There are no jobs in the community, but the Rwandan government provided homes for most of the inhabitants.

He dreams of one day being a pilot. I'm humbled to think that I used to dream of one day when I would be on my own, and no longer under my parent's authority. I wonder sometimes what I would feel if I were in Jean Claude's shoes: I would probably want to fly away --- maybe I would want to be a pilot.

The reason this humbles me is I had similar thoughts when I was a boy, and I had food three times a day, a place to sleep during the rain, and a free education where a bus came to pick me up. I can only imagine what Jean Claude would think of such luxuries.

His favorite thing to do is to draw.

I know that God is going to do great things, and He is going to use some of you reading this to do it. Maybe you don't live in SA, or need a home-cooked meal, but that doesn't stop you from sponsoring a child just like we did. It matters little how you look at life, if you are reading this using a computer, in a nice climate-controlled home, you [and I] are blessed.

The question is: what would you be willing to sacrifice so one child can start to dream? What would you sacrifice if you could pull one child out of the dump, and off the streets? What would you want someone else to sacrifice to help you if you were in their shoes?

Life is to short to stay on the sidelines. It's time to get in the game.

david

No comments: